Home automation

I have been trying to figure this out for some time now. When my grid power is down and my genset switches on automatically I wish to simultaneously switch off certain power hungry devices .
1 )I have been doing this manually by using using POW R2 by triggering scenes.(push button ---switches off a device by switching off their respective contactors) This works fine except that I wish this function could happen automatically esp at night.
I thought using the OPS function and using voltage or current as trigger would do the job . But so far I have not been successful!
2)the last resort would be finding and using contactors that are normally closed and open as soon as they receive power when the genset is switched on .
I believe there could be other ways to solve my problem!

I have been trying to figure this out for some time now. When my grid power is down and my genset switches on automatically I wish to simultaneously switch off certain power hungry devices .
1 )I have been doing this manually by using using POW R2 by triggering scenes.(push button ---switches off a device by switching off their respective contactors) This works fine except that I wish this function could happen automatically esp at night.
I thought using the OPS function and using voltage or current as trigger would do the job . But so far I have not been successful!
2)the last resort would be finding and using contactors that are normally closed and open as soon as they receive power when the genset is switched on .
I believe there could be other ways to solve my problem!
Hello all,

Could we know some of this followings points to be able to support :

1Type frame of Gensest ( OEM equipments name/reference)
2 Utility/Facility CONFIGURATION

What you are describing in your post, is something like "load shedding" model controls system to be implemented ...

They are devices called "PMS " standing for Power Management System, you can have a read on some OEM catalog/manuals to get your own opinion..

Thanks for your answers.

James

Can the original poster try to respond to the last thread ...
It would be much appreciated ! as we are not here to discuss in the wind !

I mean we make effort to reply so please try to do the same...gentlemen.

Thank you for your attention& comprehension

James

Curious one,

Thanks for your message ...indeed the title is "Home automation" but it mentionned "gensets" SO one can suppose whatever with kind of mentioning...thats why i asked original poster to clarify some points....

;)

My apologies for not being able to clear the air about the queries raised. Thank you Controls guy for the patience and persistence. Actually curious one is right that this is for my home where I would like to switch off few energy hungry devices when I switch on the generator. I have tried to explain how it can be done through the rough sketch.
1)the ideal device for me would be a normally closed contactor where the contacts are broken as soon as the genset switches on and supplies the A1 and A2 auxillary terminals. However a contractor with normally closed contacts are difficult to findat least where I stay and I believe there could be reasons for that.
2)so what I am using as of now is the ubiquitous Normally open contactor. It's A1 and A2 auxillary terminals are supplied by a UPS.. and this keeps the contacts closed and my geyser working until I wish to switch it off. For this I use a Sonoff Wi-Fi switch connected to the A1 and A2 and this can be done through an app via the internet. However the cons are that I need to be aware when the genset switches on and off which is not possible most of the times esp when I sleep

Thank you again. Look forward to your inputs.

Attachments

A automatic transfer switch already exists within the panel so the genset switches on and takes over after grid loss almost immediately.. Also I wish this to be completely automatic and where I have the control to switch on my geyser if I choose to with the genset running after it had been switched off by default.