I posted this before. I need help with the sequence. The sequence that I've gotten is quite weird, or I should say is messy.

1603699751386.png
The link from the video:

I am trying to deduce the sequence and processes from the video. Something have gone wrong. I know this process is known to be a continuous cycle sequence, several actions are repeating itself, for instance Action B(more frequently) and Action D.

My Description of the process from the video
  1. The 2 gates at both sides are rotated 90 degrees clockwise, giving way for the empty cardboards to move in, before the 2 gates rotated back to the original position and the slide moves back to its original position.[I label this action to be A.]
  2. The empty cardboard is then picked up, rotated 90 degrees anticlockwise, and then lowered to close the bottom of the corrugated box. [I label this action to be B.]
  3. The box is then pushed forward by the slide, before moving back to the original position. [I label this action to be C.]
  4. The conveyor moves forward.
  5. The empty cardboard layer is picked up and put inside the box [I label this action to be D] while Step 2 occurs simultaneously.
  6. One row of soap is then pushed forward sequentially [I label this action to be E]
  7. 15 soaps are then picked up by the machine and placed inside the box [ I label this action to be F]
  8. The conveyor then moves forward.

My Designation and roles of the cylinders
Cylinder A for sliding in the stack of empty corrugated cardboards
Cylinder B for activating an effective mechanism to organize the empty corrugated box
Cylinder C for pushing the empty corrugated box forward
Cylinder D for picking up that empty cardboard and placing it into the corrugated box
Cylinder E for pushing the product to the position directly below Cylinder D
Cylinder F for grasping 15 bottles and putting them in the corrugated box

I was literally racking my head over the complicated sequence. I hope someone can pinpoint my error.

From your other posting, whilst pneumatic circuits can function sequentially
in isolation, you will struggle to achieve what is in the video without some
form of logic controller.

For example: your action A:
1. You need some form of sensor to detect cardboard flatpacks are ready to be loaded
2. You need some form of sensor to detect cardboard flatpacks are not already loaded
(or to be more precise the lifting area is empty)
3. one spring return solenoid to open the gates
4. one spring return solenoid to move the slide forward. You could have limit switches
at both ends or time the slide speed so it moves fully forward and pauses.
5. You need an interlock to prevent the next stage from operating whilst loading flatpacks.

Rather than use algebraic symbolism, flowchart sequencing is much easier to comprehend.

From your other posting, whilst pneumatic circuits can function sequentially
in isolation, you will struggle to achieve what is in the video without some
form of logic controller.

For example: your action A:
1. You need some form of sensor to detect cardboard flatpacks are ready to be loaded
2. You need some form of sensor to detect cardboard flatpacks are not already loaded
(or to be more precise the lifting area is empty)
3. one spring return solenoid to open the gates
4. one spring return solenoid to move the slide forward. You could have limit switches
at both ends or time the slide speed so it moves fully forward and pauses.
5. You need an interlock to prevent the next stage from operating whilst loading flatpacks.

Rather than use algebraic symbolism, flowchart sequencing is much easier to comprehend.
Yes, I would agree with you. It doesn't look like an overly complicated sequence. Just stick with a flow chart or even a finite state machine diagram. The basic action is usually
Safe to move
Preconditions met
action
Has it actioned?
Check for faults based on the action
Next step

This usually encompasses all the requirements of a single step...it should be as simple as that. Of course, you will need some sort of fault handling when things go wrong and it helps to write the software with the thought of debugging the machine...such as traps and timings of steps error flags on what step went wrong and so on and so on.......the steps should look like a copy and paste with only minor adjustments.

Also, it might be better to create some trap states in the software to see where things are going wrong..this is what I usually do.