Monitor Pro 7.6 Modbus TCP Problem

E

Emre Sahin

In our automation project, we are using Telemecanique Monitor Pro 7.6 Software and 3 Premium PLCs communicating with Modbus TCP protocol. If I configure Monitor Pro application with one PLC, everything works fine. But if I add second PLC configuration to Modbus TCP configuration, MBUSTCP process exists with error message: "CT file cannot be opened". When I look at the ct directory, mbustcp.ct file located there.

Can someone encounter the same problem or any solution idea?

Thanks,

S. Emre Sahin

G

Gustavo A. Valero P.

Hi Emre,

It means the corresponding .ct file is corrupt or has been deleted and must be rebuilded.

There are 3 options to fix it:

1) Run a ctgen -c -r command at the prompt in a cmd window pointing to application (set FLAPP = {YourApp}). Your new .ct files should have new date.

2) Delete all the .ct files located at main ct directory, at Shared directory (..\shared\ct) and at User directory (..\User\ct). Monitor Pro will build them the next time your app starts. This tip is not documented but works fine!!.

3) This is the PLAN B: Save and Restore your app by carrying out an multi-platform save (MPS). From MP 7.x this is called "Compressed (Saved as single file)". This action will rebuild all the .ct files and is the best option to repair corruption problems with any .ct, .cdb or .mdx file.

Time ago I had a similar problem but the source of the problem was a wrong parameter written/put in a table but, 90% of these cases are associated with files corruption.

I hope it solves you problem.

Suerte.

Gustavo A. Valero P.
BIConsulting C.A.
Valencia - Venezuela
[email protected]