Re-mape Midea Gateway Bacnet IP

I'm seeking your help regarding the remapping of object instance;

I am using a Gateway Bacnet IP in order to integrate the VRF system with SCADA system, the main issue is the instance coming with duplication from the factory, so I am looking for some Bacnet ip software too re-mape the instance numbers.
Thanks.

Assuming the device supports a BACnet client writing to the Object_Identifier property to change object instances, you can use YABE, it's a great free BACnet explorer
https://sourceforge.net/projects/yetanotherbacnetexplorer/

Otherwise you'll probably need to use a proprietary tool supplied by the vendor of the BACnet gateway.
Actually, I want to change the object itself not to write to the device object;

I have in my gateway something like :

Object ID :
AI 1
BI 1
AV 1

I'm looking for changing the object ID to be as follow :

AI 1
BI 2
AV 3

Thanks

I understand that. YABE can write to any object's Object_Identifier property, provided that is allowed by the BACnet server, whether that be the Device Object, an Analog Value, Binary Input, etc.

If the gateway does not allow writing the Object_Identifier property via BACnet, then you will need to use configuration software provided by the vendor of the BACnet gateway.

Please note that there is no issue with the way the BACnet gateway exposes its object instances. BACnet allows the same instance number to be used as long as the object type is different. The Object_Identifier property uniquely identifies the object and consists of both the object type and instance number.

I understand that. YABE can write to any object's Object_Identifier property, provided that is allowed by the BACnet server, whether that be the Device Object, an Analog Value, Binary Input, etc.

If the gateway does not allow writing the Object_Identifier property via BACnet, then you will need to use configuration software provided by the vendor of the BACnet gateway.

Please note that there is no issue with the way the BACnet gateway exposes its object instances. BACnet allows the same instance number to be used as long as the object type is different. The Object_Identifier property uniquely identifies the object and consists of both the object type and instance number.
completely agree, but the problem when I am looping more than one unit, the object instance and the object type become repeated.

The correct question is how to change Read-only to Write & Read.

I appreciate your feedback, Thanks

completely agree, but the problem when I am looping more than one unit, the object instance and the object type become repeated.
Are you referring to more than one BACnet gateway (i.e. multiple BACnet devices connected on the bus) or more than one VRF system connected to a single BACnet gateway?

The correct question is how to change Read-only to Write & Read.
In BACnet, Input objects are always read-only (i.e. Analog Input, Binary Input, etc.) and Value objects may or may not be read-only (i.e. Analog Value, Binary Value, etc.). Please specify what you would like to change from read-only to read-write.

Could you provide the vendor and model of the BACnet gateway you're using?

I want to change object identifier ..like that i will give a different instance for each object.
I am using vrf gateway CCM08, brand midea

It may not be possible to reconfigure that gateway. According to an owner's manual I found here
http://www.midea-electric.pl/documents/70533/en/IO_IO0018A032015 CCM-08 owner's manual EN.pdf
it states, "System will automatically identify the in using outdoor unit and generate the BACnet object."

This seems to indicate that the gateway automatically creates a virtual BACnet device per indoor/outdoor unit, and each virtual BACnet device has a fixed object list (and is the same for all connected indoor units or outdoor units).

This approach is very common and there are not issues with duplicate object instances because the objects exist on different virtual BACnet devices (each with their own unique device instance number).

If there is a way to configure settings on the gateway, I would guess it would be done by accessing its web server by typing the unit's IP address into a web browser.

It may not be possible to reconfigure that gateway. According to an owner's manual I found here
http://www.midea-electric.pl/documents/70533/en/IO_IO0018A032015 CCM-08 owner's manual EN.pdf
it states, "System will automatically identify the in using outdoor unit and generate the BACnet object."

This seems to indicate that the gateway automatically creates a virtual BACnet device per indoor/outdoor unit, and each virtual BACnet device has a fixed object list (and is the same for all connected indoor units or outdoor units).

This approach is very common and there are not issues with duplicate object instances because the objects exist on different virtual BACnet devices (each with their own unique device instance number).

If there is a way to configure settings on the gateway, I would guess it would be done by accessing its web server by typing the unit's IP address into a web browser.
Yes your comments is correct 100 %;

i am using Adfweb converter Bacnet IP/ Profinet. when i make a list of points of 8 indoors the instance numbers repeating for each indoor as follow.
Indoor 1 : ID 1
AI 1
BI 1
AV 1
Indoor 1 : ID 2
AI 1
BI 1
AV 1
Indoor 1 : ID 3
AI 1
BI 1
AV 1
Indoor 1 : ID 4
AI 1
BI 1
AV 1
In this case the converter get confusing and i can t get any value in my PLS (Siemens S7-300).

i tried with PXE (Siemens ) and i change the instance in the block and it was working softly. but i have to do it with PLC as per the project spesicfications.

About the browser of then gatway i can control the units and change the baus rate and change the name of the indoors units, but there's no plateform to change the object instance.

For other brand like Daikin and tochiba they have a software where you can do all the setting.

Please advise.

Thanks

Thank you for the additional details and information regarding the other equipment you're using.

Assuming the gateway you're using is the ADFweb HD67B81-IP-A1, I believe your issue may be due to a mis-configuration of the ADFweb gateway or a BACnet limitation of the ADFweb gateway.

According to the gateway's user manual (http://www.adfweb.com/download/filefold/MN67719_ENG.pdf), when defining the BACnet Read and BACnet Write tables, the only field that seems to be available to target a BACnet device is "IP Address". However, in BACnet, this is not how you typically target a device. BACnet devices should be targeted by their device instance numbers.

A typical BACnet/IP client uses Who-Is discovery requests and I-Am response messages to dynamically associate a device instance number with an IP address, and, if the I-Am messages are routed by a BACnet router, the source network number, and the source MAC layer address. The Midea CCM08 actually acts as a BACnet router (routing between BACnet/IP and a virtual BACnet network consisting of one virtual BACnet device per indoor or outdoor unit). Therefore, in order to access the virtual BACnet devices' objects in the CCM08, a BACnet/IP client must set special routing parameters in its requests (i.e. destination network number and destination MAC layer address). Usually, BACnet/IP clients automatically set these routing parameters when necessary.

Can you enter a BACnet device instance number when configuring the ADFweb gateway instead of an IP address? Using your example above, you would need to enter device instance numbers 1, 2, 3 and 4, and for each device you would enter the object types and instance numbers of the objects you wish to access (AI 1, BI 1, AV 1). 4 devices, each with 3 objects, would make a total of 12 line items in the ADFweb gateway's configuration table.

If you cannot enter BACnet device instance numbers when configuring the ADFweb gateway, does the gatweay provide settings for "En Dest", "D Net", "D Len", and "D Add"? This is similar to another ADFweb gateway that supports BACnet client (http://www.adfweb.com/download/filefold/MN67937_ENG.pdf).

If you do not have either of the above options available, I suggest you contact ADFweb to see if there is a firmware update for your gateway that supports the above features. Otherwise, I recommend that you use a different gateway, such as the ETH-1000:
http://www.iccdesigns.com/millennium-series/10-eth-1000.html

Thank you for the additional details and information regarding the other equipment you're using.

Assuming the gateway you're using is the ADFweb HD67B81-IP-A1, I believe your issue may be due to a mis-configuration of the ADFweb gateway or a BACnet limitation of the ADFweb gateway.

According to the gateway's user manual (http://www.adfweb.com/download/filefold/MN67719_ENG.pdf), when defining the BACnet Read and BACnet Write tables, the only field that seems to be available to target a BACnet device is "IP Address". However, in BACnet, this is not how you typically target a device. BACnet devices should be targeted by their device instance numbers.

A typical BACnet/IP client uses Who-Is discovery requests and I-Am response messages to dynamically associate a device instance number with an IP address, and, if the I-Am messages are routed by a BACnet router, the source network number, and the source MAC layer address. The Midea CCM08 actually acts as a BACnet router (routing between BACnet/IP and a virtual BACnet network consisting of one virtual BACnet device per indoor or outdoor unit). Therefore, in order to access the virtual BACnet devices' objects in the CCM08, a BACnet/IP client must set special routing parameters in its requests (i.e. destination network number and destination MAC layer address). Usually, BACnet/IP clients automatically set these routing parameters when necessary.

Can you enter a BACnet device instance number when configuring the ADFweb gateway instead of an IP address? Using your example above, you would need to enter device instance numbers 1, 2, 3 and 4, and for each device you would enter the object types and instance numbers of the objects you wish to access (AI 1, BI 1, AV 1). 4 devices, each with 3 objects, would make a total of 12 line items in the ADFweb gateway's configuration table.

If you cannot enter BACnet device instance numbers when configuring the ADFweb gateway, does the gateway provide settings for "En Dest", "D Net", "D Len", and "D Add"? This is similar to another ADF web gateway that supports BACnet client (http://www.adfweb.com/download/filefold/MN67937_ENG.pdf).

If you do not have either of the above options available, I suggest you contact ADFweb to see if there is a firmware update for your gateway that supports the above features. Otherwise, I recommend that you use a different gateway, such as the ETH-1000:
http://www.iccdesigns.com/millennium-series/10-eth-1000.html
Hii dear,

Unfortunately, we can target the object only with IP Adresse, I did the same job with Trane package unit but with BACnet MSTP, and as you know in MSTP we can target with ID number, not like Bacnet IP

For this ("En Dest", "D Net", "D Len", and "D Add") i have no idea about them

I will purchase Intesisbox, Midea vrf to Modbus RTU because they have software to prepare read & write table without duplication. https://www.intesis.com/products/ac...a-mbs-vrf-md-ac-mbs?ordercode=INMBSMID001I000

Thank you so much

and as you know in MSTP we can target with ID number, not like Bacnet IP
Just to clarify, BACnet clients target devices by device instance number (device ID), regardless of whether BACnet MS/TP or BACnet/IP is being used.

The only difference is the underlying MAC layer address, which is typically automatically resolved by the BACnet client using Who-Is/I-Am discovery. The MAC layer address for BACnet MS/TP is a number between 0 and 127. The MAC layer address for BACnet/IP is an IP address and port number.

Thank you so much this is really helpful,

is it possible to find any evidence that the BACnet/IP should be targeted by device ID.

Evidence like some standard in ANSI/ASHRAE or some legitimate documentation. because i need to submit to the client with powerful reasons.

Thank you again

ANSI/ASHRAE Standard 135 is the standard for the BACnet specification. Section 16 details the Who-Is and I-Am services. This section states the following (note that I have removed irrelevant statements for readability):

The Who-Is service is used by a sending BACnet-user to determine the device object identifier, the network address, or both, of other BACnet devices that share the same internetwork. The Who-Is service may be used to determine the device object identifier and network addresses of all devices on the network, or to determine the network address of a specific device whose device object identifier is known, but whose address is not. The I-Am service is used to respond to Who-Is service requests. The network address is derived either from the MAC address associated with the I-Am service request, if the device issuing the request is on the local network, or from the NPCI if the device is on a remote network.

There is also a publication from BACnet International called Foundations. In the June 2012 edition, there is an article that specifically talks about the BACnet Device ID. The original publication is here (article is on page 6)
https://cdn.ymaws.com/www.bacnetint.../Foundations/BACnetFoundationsJune2012_-_.pdf

Here is the article only, posted by its author:
http://kargs.net/BACnet/Foundations2012-BACnetDeviceID.pdf