real time clock

A

Amir Qadri

In 984-785E series PLC, using modsoft, any possibility to trigger totalizer at fixed time (real clock time) to start totalizing. i mean how to use real time clock pulse in modsoft.

J

James Fountas

Yes it can be done and it is straight forward. The complexity is proportional to what you want to do. This assumes you do not want analog data too fast, like multiple times a second along with other PLC functions. The programmer actual sets the real time clock registers. You have access to real time cock registers like any of the other registers.

Regards,
James Fountas
[email protected]

A
Not understand, i need command block name. i not found in modbus. i want to store some value once in 24 hrs.

J

James Fountas

Is the real time clock turned on and do you have the real time clock registers? What are they?

Are you looking to record the data at a specific hour (example: 13:00 or 1:00 PM) or does the time include minutes (example 13:54 or 1:54 PM)? What is the time you want to record at?

What is the data you want to record? Is it one register or multiple registers? What are the source and destination registers?

James Fountas

A
i want to record data at 8.30 am daily from a totalizer register. i not found timer trigger real time clock in ladder logic. how can i create and trigger this. it is floating point double word register.

J

James Fountas

Go to the Configuration Overview section of Modsoft. There you should find a section titled Specials. Under Specials there should be a Time of Day Clock. What is the register?

J

James Fountas

I have not seen a post from you recently. I will not be checking this thread any longer. If you need me, use my e-mail. Best of luck.