Robot Stepper circuit M062

G

Gert Love

Hi everyone,

I have 2 stepper-motors from Superior Electric. They were salvaged from old line printers.
Both motors are of the type Slo-Syn M062. I'd like to use them in a robot.
Does anyone know where I can find a suitable driving circuit (or equivalent schematic) for these motors? Or does anyone have experience with this type of motor?

I'd like to have a circuit that has 2 inputs per motor: step and direction. A third input, enable, could be provided if necessary, but I'm affraid to run out of outputs on my interface.

I have little experience in electronics (it took me about half a year to design and build the interface), but I'm an expert in programming.

Any help will be appreciated.

Kind regards,

G. Love

There are chips out there that accept a step input, direction input and they have inhibit inputs. I dont remember off hand what the number is but do some searches on the internet.There are a lot of companies that have them. You can download the data sheets and usually some apps. Depending on how large the motors and what type they are (4 wire or 6) there are some chips that may be able to drive the motor directly on the order of 12v at 2-5 amps. If they are larger you will need some power transistors. Use power mosfets for low voltage 12-200v and IGBTs for high voltage 200-600v. There are also good sources for these try IR.

A

Andrew Fivian

Hello there.
I just wondereded if you ever got any where with this motor [type Slo-Syn M062]. I have three and am also hoping to use them for robotics. Any help would be appreciated.

Andrew Fivian
[email protected]