Rotork: Actuator Model IQ35 remote mode problem

Hello,

We have work with new Rotork Actuator model: IQ35FA13A, after it installed in the 4 way valve and it configured (the open/close limit set as well), in the local mode the actuator works properly but when it switch to remote mode it doesn't work at all, many investigation performed to resolve this situation but it failed,
As the circuit diagram attached the remote module needs a 125VDC as an external command, on the other side the command provided from the CPU is 24VDC,
This status (the actuator needs 125vdc to work remotely), still not confirmed!!
Please any one has an experience with this kid of actuator to help me to confirm the actuator needs a 125 VDC to work remotely ,
In the attached you can find a manufacturer plate, actuator photos and circuit diagram

Regards
Laid86

Attachments

I have No Experience with this, but Note 2 of the drawing states:
For DC control connect –ve/0V to terminal 36.
-(For negative switch / positive common, refer to RWS indicated).
-Control signal threshold voltages:
-DC: “on” ≥65Vdc / “off” ≤40Vdc, max 130Vdc.

So my guess is yes you need 125 VDC. Dont know why a 125 VDC remote module wouldnt. The attached publication page 16 shows remote powered wiring but it doesn't specifically show 125 VDC. Good luck.

Attachments

MWO, thanks for your reply

I have one rotork actuator installed in other skid has characteristics IQ basic 3000-000-08, in it's circuit diagram mentioned that common -VE 20-60V AC/DC, it as per the diagram the actuator needs 60VDC at least, while that the actuator now works just by 24VDC, I didn't understand why this difference.
I'm almost sure that our actuator IQ35FA13A which has the circuit diagram 100B0300 needs 125 VDC as remote command, but I need just a confirmation from any person has a same model.

MWO, Thanks again,
Laid86

Attachments

MWO, thanks for your reply

I have one rotork actuator installed in other skid has characteristics IQ basic 3000-000-08, in it's circuit diagram mentioned that common -VE 20-60V AC/DC, it as per the diagram the actuator needs 60VDC at least, while that the actuator now works just by 24VDC, I didn't understand why this difference.
I'm almost sure that our actuator IQ35FA13A which has the circuit diagram 100B0300 needs 125 VDC as remote command, but I need just a confirmation from any person has a same model.

MWO, Thanks again,
Laid86
Hello Mr Laid,

Can you update here on that issue you ve been facing

Regards,
Controlsguy25

Controlsguy25

Our problem is faced last month by changing the rotork actuator by a new model, unfortunately this new kind requires 125VDC as remote command while our needs is 25VDC, Previously I was need a confirmation about this issue from someone experience with this model, now the valve with actuator has been removed completely and replaced by another one to let the skid works, with keeping the actuator who needs 125VDC in warehouse.
If you need further information please do not hesitate to contact me, and if you have any helps I will be appreciate.

Regards
Laid86