Siemens S7 talking to wonderware

N

Nick_Control

2 PLCs talking using TCP/IP to Siemens OPC (SimaticNet Lean Server) and two PCs/HMIs trying to talk to wonderware's FSGateway.

This has been driving me crazy. I think I set everything set up right but I can seem to get an updating value to display. I have the Siemens PLCs networked using TCP/IP and and ethernet subnet in Step7. That all seems to be working right. I can create data blocks and look at the value updating using OPC scout. I set up the wonderware software using FSGateway as the I/O server application. In the System Management Console (SMC) I was able to configure a category (I called it LeanServer becaue we are running S7 Simatic.NET Lean server on these PCs) under the FSGateway that uses OPC Simatic.NET as its server. Under here I can create OPC groups. I created two one for each PLC. The groups have an OPC item prefix set as "\SYM:pLC NAME.CPU 414-3 DP." without the quotes. I can browse the OPC items through the OPC group's tab. I can go directly to the symbol I defined in siemens. This symbol is at memory byte 100 and is the clock counter selected to strobe every clock pulse. I called this "clock pulse." I can see the value updating in siemens OPC scout program. When I try to see it in the diagnostics in the SMC under device groups it says the quality is bad. When I'm in the wwclient program that came from WonderWare i can create a connection. the node is local (by leaving it blank or entering the node name the results are the same. The topic name is the same as the device group (LeanServer_PLC NAME) I tried using DDE and suitelink both with the same results. I go to the item menu in WWClient and it pulls up a window. I select the connection I created and under Item I put "clock pulse" without the quotes. I register it, advise it and poke it with an arbitrary integer value. The quality says it C0 which was what wonderware support told me it should say if the connection was established correctly. However the value does not update in the WWClient or the runtime of wonderware where I created a tag and access name for the clock pulse. I know I missing something here. I'm thinking it is something small but I don't know. I'm new to both of these programs so I'm not sure. If anyone can help I would be so thankful. I've lost enough sleep over this...

C

Curt Wuollet

Wouldn't it be nice to have Open system where you can know what's going on? Getting two or more closed, secret systems to work together puts you entirely under their control. And if they don't approve, it may never work.

Regards

cww

Try using the Wonderware DA-SIDirect server for S7-300/400 PLC over TCP. This works, and best of all, you don't need any Simatic software.

The DA-Server (SIDirect) communicates natively between Wonderware InTouch and the S7 (using SuiteLink protocol).