steps to take to monitor a bit in WinCC

R

Reza Hasseli

Hi,
I have installed WinCC and created a simple graphic screen to show the status of a memory bit M1.0 of my PLC (S7-315-2DP). For this, I have created an external tag for that bit, I have configured the CP-343-1 in the PLC rack, using the PING command I can check the activity of the network which is composed of my PC and PLC connected with a cross-over cable The problem is that I can not see the status of M1.0 when I run that WinCC program, should I define anything esle
in simatic manager or anyother thing? please tell me the steps I should take to monitor a bit in my WinCC program.

Thanks,
Reza Hasseli

D

Daniel Chartier

Hello, Reza;
While WinCC is in runtime, open the Tag Management editor until you see your tag; position the mouse cursor on the tag symbol and a tooltip will appear giving you the status of the connection of that tag; or use the Channel diagnostics tool (in the WinCC folder). That should give you diagnotics on the condition of your link.
If you look at the properties of the TCP/IP link, right above the level of your tag, you will see a dialog box asking for the IP address of the PLC partner. This was configured when you installed the Softnet-IE licence required to allow a regular TCP/IP card to talk to Siemens'Industrial Ethernet. Check the values of the parameters in that dialog box.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Do you have the system configured to use your
ethernet interface in WinCC?

Go to "Set PC/PC Interface" in the Control Panel
and check to see what the MPI(WinCC) interface is set to (this should be your connected ethernet interface). Then, start WinCC and go online with it. You can check the connection status with
'Tools->Status of Driver Connections'.

-jd

R

Reza Hasseli

Dear Daniel,
I checked the status which is appear in the tooltip, it was 'Disconnected' how to force it get connected?!

Thanks,
Reza Hasseli