Uploading Data to Honeywell Experion PKS

S

Satyngar

Hello,

I a bit new in Honeywell and found some issue, that make my stuck. Unfortunately Honeywell could not provide a proper solution for that jet, so I am looking for any other advice. The problem is that I cannot upload some of the SCADA point in Quick Builder and delete them. I am afraid that part of points can by asynchronous with DB. Does somebody met such kind of issue before?

>The problem is that I cannot upload some of the SCADA point
>in Quick Builder and delete them. I am afraid that part of
>points can by asynchronous with DB. Does somebody met such
>kind of issue before?

Uploading copies point info from server database to QuickBuilder; i.e. using up arrow in menu.

To delete a point; you delete it in QuickBuilder, then download with option to delete on download checked.

Make sure you are logged into the correct server and when downloading, make sure it is downloading to the same server. This shows in the confirmation window.

Hello,

Be carefull, Honeywell Quickbuilder has some Bug in older version. U should know some role for doing without side effect.

this Procedure is suggested For Delete Points:

Step1: Delete Points From Points Windows.
Step2: go to recycle bin. deleted points shown there. select that then download it.

aware by step 2, if u delete points again instead downloading in recycle bin, it's just deleted from Quickbuilder Window and Remains in server!

>I a bit new in Honeywell and found some issue, that make my
>stuck. Unfortunately Honeywell could not provide a proper
>solution for that jet, so I am looking for any other advice.
>The problem is that I cannot upload some of the SCADA point
>in Quick Builder and delete them. I am afraid that part of
>points can by asynchronous with DB. Does somebody met such
>kind of issue before?

A
Hello,

There is no bug with Honeywell Quick Builder.

Downloading points in recycle bin after deleting is the standard procedure to delete a point from ERDB SQL data base in QB.

This is the rule in all the Experion products including PKS, PMD, HS and...If you delete a point by mistake instead of downloading in recycle bin, you can find and delete it in SQL directly (be very careful if you are not familiar with SQL). Or using Listag and pntdel commands in Experion Command prompt (again be careful).

Please do enough study in knowledge builder containing fully comprehensive and helpful description in this regard then taking action.

With respect

Thank you for posting this. I was getting duplicate point errors after deleting the original and trying to duplicate a matching point. This totally fixed it. Your expertise is greatly appreciated.