RSLinx Professional

D

danekwarsu

Hello,

I tried to install RSLinx Professional Rev. 2.43.01.23 (CPR6) in WinXP. After installed, then configure drivers with PCMK and OK, status running. But when selected RSWho, always error "Failed to create empty document". I had been tried to uninstall then install again, but always same error.

Please help........

G

Guy Cavallon

Check this:

AB states
"The converter interfaces to RSLinx version 2.42 using a standard DF1 driver and is compatible with Microsoft Windows 98, ME, 2000 and XP operating systems. RSLinx versions prior to version 2.42 require drivers for the UIC and USB port to be installed. The drivers are provided with the 1747-UIC product.

"The converter also embeds the DH-485 driver compatible with the existing RSLinx DF1 RS-232 full-duplex driver, eliminating the need for this driver to be installed"

Are you are using DF1 driver and configuring it properly to match the target Baud? Have you tried auto config in RSLinx?

I believe that if you are using any iteration of XP other than professional (i.e. home edition) it will not work.

I use XP Pro.
The problem already solved. I must remove the software, which called RS harmony... then install RSLinx again, then OK.

Thank you all for help.