ABB OS500 AS500 HMI Upgrade

Hello

We have DCS consisting of 14 No AC450 plc's connected through MB300 & 05 No HMI's (OS500/AS500) of type Compaq AP250.

We shall be upgrading the HMI part only as the hardware Compaq AP250 is obsolete.

The original installer was a company namely Iskra Systemi.

We shall do this upgradation through open tendering.

1) Which firm/companies in the world has specialty of the type of upgradation described above.
2) What other concerns/needs should be taken in consideration for this project?

Thanks

The upgrade from AS500 to 800xA can be done by ABB but also by some other system integration companies who have experience with Advant and 800xA. We have done several projects like this, mostly as ABB subcontractor. Since you have 14 AC450-s I assume also quite a number of IOs.
You will be offered most likely with virtualized servers (you need Aspect server, Connectivity server and Domain server) that will run in 2 hardware servers along with number of clients (OS-s) as per your request. It is server/client architecture (as are most modern SCADA-s). I don't know which industrial process are you running but you might be needing also special libraries to be able to present all of your AC450 objects.

Hello,
please contact your local ABB sales and service representative for an upgrade and evolution proposal.

The ABB solution could be based on ABB’ s System 800xA for Advant Master, which has been installed in many similar plants all over the world, in both OS500 upgrades and greenfield installations. It could provide all OS500 and IMS functionality in addition to the full power of System 800xA. Check out this upgrade project for more information:

Please also find more information about ASEA Master and Advant Master DCS System Evolution:

Click here find an ABB system integrator

Regards,
Matthias
---------------

The upgrade from AS500 to 800xA can be done by ABB but also by some other system integration companies who have experience with Advant and 800xA. We have done several projects like this, mostly as ABB subcontractor. Since you have 14 AC450-s I assume also quite a number of IOs.
You will be offered most likely with virtualized servers (you need Aspect server, Connectivity server and Domain server) that will run in 2 hardware servers along with number of clients (OS-s) as per your request. It is server/client architecture (as are most modern SCADA-s). I don't know which industrial process are you running but you might be needing also special libraries to be able to present all of your AC450 objects.
[/QUOTE]