Challenge for WinCC Users

J

jignesh patel

Is it possible to change the address of a available tag in WinCC at Runtime.
I have got some 28 number of parameters for one location. In a similar fashion i have got total 9 number of locations. These I/os are connected to S7-400 PLC through profibus network. The total goes to 28*9 ie 252. These parameters are configuration parameters for a PID controller. These parameters need not be monitored at the time.
The problem is I dont have 252 number of spare external tags WinCC.
Is it possible to make a single block of 28 tags whose address could be changed at runtime with some given userinterface.

D

D. C. Pittendrigh

Hi All

It appears the challenge is so much for WinCC as it is for your own engineering inventiveness.

I would suggest you start with the idea of sending a number from WinCC to the PLC which identifies the loop you want to display, and then using something like the blockmove (SCF20) function in the S& to copy that PID set of parameters to a common "mailbox area"

Cheers
Donald P

M

Maguire, Kevin

Hello Sir,

WinCC is based on a Sybase database and cannot accept changes in tags during runtime. You can change any graphics, trends, messages, alarms, tables and archives during runtime - Just not tags.

Since you don't pay for any of the internal tags, you can "bundle" external tags by changing external tag types (not in runtime) to a larger type and then parse the tag internally. For example, instead of using 8 bit tags, use 1 byte tag and then split the bits up internally.

It will take more work, but if you don't want to spend the extra $ for the next tag pkg., it is an option.

I am not aware of any HMI/SCADA pkgs. that allow tag changes during runtime.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Sincerely,

Kevin Maguire
Siemens Energy & Automation

J
jignesh,

My only experience is with another HMI package (Wonderware) that allows you to change tag properties in runtime. One of the properties you can change is the "item", or address the tag references. Using this feature along with indirect addressing allows you to attaches any PLC address to a tag, as long as the data is the same format.

I would suggest reviewing if you can change tag properties, and if the PLC address is one of those properties.

Good Luck,
Jim Majsak
Q-mation - Connecticut Office
Phone: (860)793-0800
Fax: (860)747-5518
EMail: [email protected]

E
> Since you don't pay for any of the internal tags, you can "bundle" external tags by changing external tag types (not in runtime) to a larger type and then parse the tag internally. For example, instead of using 8 bit tags, use 1 byte tag and then split the bits up internally.

Always a good choice - and this can streamline I/O.

> I am not aware of any HMI/SCADA pkgs. that allow tag changes during runtime.

Wonderware's Intouch lets you change the .reference field of an I/O tag to another value (i.e. MyTag.Reference = "LAN.409001") would set the tag to refer to the topic "LAN" and register 409001.

Ed Barsalou

M
Ed
Iconics has a great deal, they only charge for active tags via OPC. you can have a Database with thousands of tags but if you are only scanning
50 I/O points then you only need a license for 50 points. You can create an alias file which lets you change it in runtime.

Thanks
Mark

S

Shailesh Parab

Sorry that i'm replying after one decade but i have found solution to change Wincc Tag Address at Runtime. This was possible before but from VBA only but now I have created following Scripts to Set and Get address of Wincc tag.<pre>
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Function SetAddress(Tagname,Address)
Dim HG, strVariableName
Set HG = CreateObject("HMIGenObjects.HMIGO")
HG.GetTag Tagname
HG.TagS7S5Address = Address
HG.CommitTag
Set HG = Nothing
End Function
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Function GetAddress(Tagname) 'Returns Tag Address as String
Dim HG, strVariableName
Set HG = CreateObject("HMIGenObjects.HMIGO")
HG.GetTag Tagname
GetAddress = HG.TagS7S5Address
Set HG = Nothing
End Function
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------</pre>
Enjoy !!