Electrical overspeed test for Mark V steam turbine

A

anonymous

Dear All,

anyone can show me how to see setting for electrical overspeed for mark v steam turbine. from CSP it only shows L12XTRP - input from TCEA, overspeed trip signal

regards
Williams

My memory may be off a little bit, but on the MkV steam turbine I worked with there were multiple overspeed protections.

I want to say one is controlled via the sequencing (usually with a constant) and is called primary overspeed trip (set at 110% usually).

The next protection is called emergency overspeed trip (usually 111%) and it's done in the "p core" (protection core) on the mkV. This is set physically with the jumpers on the card. IO Config must be set to match as well.

And lastly is the mechanical overspeed bolt (110-113% or so)

dear sir,

thanks for the reply, yes you were right i just found it, setting is at tcea cards, just 1 more question what is the command to download to tcea at <P> after we change the io config, issit the same like we did it <Q>?

regards
william

I am the Product Line Leader for Services at GE Measurement and Control Solutions. I have forwarded your posting to our technical support team to provide an answer. As noted below, the Controls Connect portal has answers to questions, generic documents, etc. However, it also maps to your specific site manuals, drawings, etc depending on the age of the unit/control. Once I receive a response from our technical team I will post it back to this message board.

If you are a turbine operator, business associate or EPC firm, you can go to http://site.ge-energy.com/online_tools/controls_connect.htm for more information via the GE Controls Connect portal. You will need to register but it is a fairly quick registration. Once you register, it should be a short time to get access to the system. In Controls Connect you can search the knowledge database for similar issues, find manuals, TILS, white papers, etc or phone/email the technical support team directly. This is a FREE service. I hope this helps.

The P-core settings are physically changed by moving the jumpers on the P-core card.

The IO configurator has a screen where you input the desired over speed trip point and then it tells what position to put the jumpers in. After changing the settings in the IO configurator you must do an eeprom download of the ioconfig.

I presume you know how to do this or have references and ability to figure it out. I will not give instructions here because it's been a while and I do not want to miss a step.

Williams - The Mrk V application guide is also a useful tool to aid in "what to move where" situations. I am a new engineer at my plant and it has helped me greatly in the past.