How to use LCC/DCC keypad of MKV processor

F

Faraz

Hi,

Can any one tell me how to use the LCC/DCC keypad of MKV processor?

There are 32 DCC errors at LCC/DCC display, and have diagnostic alarms belonging to missing card.

Thanks,

This has been covered in several previous posts on control.com.

The 'Search' feature of control.com is one of the best on the Internet; it even accepts multiple word searches.

Usually, when there are alarms associated with cards which don't exist, it's because someone is clicking on CARD_ID which is interrogating the processors to try to find every single card which might possibly exist in the panel.

There is no reason to execute CARD_ID for normal purposes.

I generally refer to geh-5980. But using the keypad will enable you to locate the board within the core which is not at A7 or missing.

Thanks for the reply. No one is clicking Card_ID but following diagnostic alarms of STG's Mk-V related to processor <T> are cycling frequently.

1- DCC I/O card obj ID #2 reset--drop#0045
2- DCC No IO card for socket exists--drop#0017
3- DCC unable to get DPM buffer for xmit--drop # 0007
4- DCC IO cfg message rcvd out of order-drop#0018

Number of DCC errors has been increaded to 4125 at LCC/DCC display. All Card statistics was found A7 at DCC display while the alarm was persisting.

As I understand the problem may be becouse of I/O cofig issue. Reboot or download of I/O cofig may resolve this issue. We have TMR but as the unit on base load I am reluctant to reboot the <T> proc. I would like to know the following

01- Can we reboot <T> while unit on baseload?
02- How can we can identify problematic card if any?
3- any other comment or advice?

Regards,
faraz