IEC 60870-5-104 Information Object Address

In IEC 60870-5-104 each object in the ASDU has an Information Object Address. Where can I find the mapping between the IOA value y the object information? Does each manufacturer have its own definitions or are there some global/generic IOA?

In IEC 60870-5-104 each object in the ASDU has an Information Object Address. Where can I find the mapping between the IOA value y the object information? Does each manufacturer have its own definitions or are there some global/generic IOA?
For example Schneider ASDU & IOA got their preprogrammed Mapping in RTU...

We dont know OEM of the devices that you mentionning...a better picture /draft /schematic/datas informations woudl be welcome..

For example Schneider ASDU & IOA got their preprogrammed Mapping in RTU...

We dont know OEM of the devices that you mentionning...a better picture /draft /schematic/datas informations woudl be welcome..
For example I have a capture with a C_SC_NA_1 ASDU and the Information Object Address is 0x003010. How should it be interpetred? It is a Single Command but what kind of command it is, I mean where is the information related to the command? Does the manufacturer define the meaning of each IOA? Several manufacturers can use the same IOA number with defferent meaning?

For example I have a capture with a C_SC_NA_1 ASDU and the Information Object Address is 0x003010. How should it be interpetred? It is a Single Command but what kind of command it is, I mean where is the information related to the command? Does the manufacturer define the meaning of each IOA? Several manufacturers can use the same IOA number with defferent meaning?
Here you have it !

All is described here on :
https://infosys.beckhoff.com/englis...4/html/TcPlcLibIEC870_5_104_C_SC_NA_1.htm&id=

Always glad to support !
Any time

James

In IEC 60870-5-104 each object in the ASDU has an Information Object Address.
That is correct

Where can I find the mapping between the IOA value y the object information?
In documentation of a specific device. For example, our Ipesoft D2000 SCADA system implements both IEC 60870-5-104 Client and IEC 60870-5-104 Server. In the configuration of an I/O tag (measurement point) you can freely specify arbitrary IOA.

Does each manufacturer have its own definitions or are there some global/generic IOA?
Not only each manufacturer, in fact, each device can have its own definitions. No global/generic IOAs exist in IEC 104 standard.
The same is valid for a serial standard IEC 60870-5-101 (just that IOA size can be 1/2/3 bytes, you have to get this information from manufacturer too).

IEC-101/104 are "generic" telecontrol protocols. In fact, we use IEC-101 and IEC-104 protocols to interconnect PLCs, SCADA and MES systems. So it would be too much to expect "common" addresses which would apply to all participants.

In IEC 60870-5-104 each object in the ASDU has an Information Object Address.
That is correct

Where can I find the mapping between the IOA value y the object information?
In documentation of a specific device. For example, our Ipesoft D2000 SCADA system implements both IEC 60870-5-104 Client and IEC 60870-5-104 Server. In the configuration of an I/O tag (measurement point) you can freely specify arbitrary IOA.

Does each manufacturer have its own definitions or are there some global/generic IOA?
Not only each manufacturer, in fact, each device can have its own definitions. No global/generic IOAs exist in IEC 104 standard.
The same is valid for a serial standard IEC 60870-5-101 (just that IOA size can be 1/2/3 bytes, you have to get this information from manufacturer too).

IEC-101/104 are "generic" telecontrol protocols. In fact, we use IEC-101 and IEC-104 protocols to interconnect PLCs, SCADA and MES systems. So it would be too much to expect "common" addresses which would apply to all participants.
Thanks. That's just what I need