Low cost function generator

A

Anonymous

I need a low cost (<$100) sine wave generator capable of generating 0.5 to 200Hz in the plus or minus 10VDC range. Any suggestions?

C

Curt Wuollet

Portable CD player and a home stereo amplifier. Get a "technical" CD or make your own (ask me) and you have high purity sine waves at exact frequencies. Most have sweeps and impulse bands as well. Nothing else you can buy for < $100.00 will come close. Or you can use an 8038 waveform generator IC, but you'll still need an amplifier. BK Precision makes a cheap handheld generator but I doubt it'll swing 20 V. Last, used audio test equipment is usually fairly cheap.Not too many generators do high output.

Regards

cww

"www.mcmelectronics.com":http://www.mcmelectronics.com

They are 30 miles from me in franklin, ohio. I just got a full scale freq generator/counter scratch and dent for $100.00 plus tax. Its normally $350.00 and I cant find where the scratch or dent is! They have a will call counter and the stuff sells slowly. They virtually give away lots of test equip this way. I got 1 of the 4 of these they had pileing up. You can get their number from the web and call them.

Good luck.