read Siemens S7 CPU clock (WinCC) timestamp of alarm by 3rd party tool

Hello,
there are many applications/devices around promoting that they can read an S7-400 without any modification to be done on the PLC.
This great as I could consume much more data through them (and investment is lower than going 100% through Siemens what is critical doing a data analytics upgrade on control system).

They say they can read any value (DB, in, -output etc. ).
My question is, which area I have to be queried to get the information when a signal is fired.
I want to read the timestamp of the alarm messages as it is usually shown in WinCC.

thank you

stefan

Hi

IMDRV_TS report AS is the module interface which is used to get such operation that you are describing...

Have a look on that block and search for th eright technical manual !

James

wow that was quick :)

would you mind sharing a link to where to start reading?
There simply to many options to start from (as usual with Siemens and its massive pool of manuals)
Yes so quick so fast ! but manual is well decribing high precision time stamping also with OS client server or OPC UA or third party..

Check the attached file it is the right manual to read for what you are looking for yet...

Do not hesitate to share your feedback !

Always glad to support here!

With my kind regards,
James

Attachments

Also i have a read on a OEM manual ( taht i can attach here because file size is too big...)

It is including some tricks &tips with PCS7 WINCC

it is describing how to connect third party via Novell...

I am pretty sure that can higlight you on some points...

James

manual is well decribing
is refers to PCS7 V9.
Is also valid for the older versions as OPC has been included in WinCC somewhen mid-2000s.

My impression is that it requires additional configuration. This is maybe done automatically if you add a WinCC to a project in Step 7. Need to compare the manual against what I find in the PLC program

is refers to PCS7 V9.
Is also valid for the older versions as OPC has been included in WinCC somewhen mid-2000s.

My impression is that it requires additional configuration. This is maybe done automatically if you add a WinCC to a project in Step 7. Need to compare the manual against what I find in the PLC program
Okay!
Good to know that... Thanks for your feedback.
Cheers.
James

There is 2 ways to catch such signals /alarms time stamp

One is via WInnc AS OS enginneering
The other is via ProTool

Maybe you will need Pro tool ...to get what you looking for!