Recording Data to Excel for Every Hour For More Points

M

Mohammed

Hello,

I work on gas turbine frame 9fa mark 6e.

I want to record reading from HMI at every one hour to excel sheet and what the language of programming used to call points of reading to excel sheet. For example, for inlet compressor temp is CTIM. how I get this value to excel sheet ever hour daily?

With more or less current excel, select "developer" and you will see "visual basic" that is the most accessible, and it allows you to call external dll's.

Real time monitoring will have to be explored, but you can always read files.

I'm no HMI expert, nor MS-Excel expert, nor CIMPLICITY (PROFICY) expert.

But, it's my understanding that GE ControlST and WorkstationST are OPC-capable. (I believe CIMPLICITY/PROFICY on a GE Mark VIE HMI is actually a "viewer" that gets its data via OPC.) You may be able to find some kind of MS-Excel add-in for CIMPLICITY/PROFICY that can be used to grab data for your purposes.

Let us know what you find, please!

F

Fred Loveless

What is the HMI that you are using? That HMI may allow you to log data to a CSV file which can then be opened in excel. If the HMI allows DDE connections you can probably connect from excel to read the data and log it to a spread sheet but that would mean that you need to keep excel open all of the time. If the HMI allows for OPC UA or DA connections then you can use any number of products out there to create simple client and log the data from.

Provide us more details and we can provide you with better and cleaner options.

C
Hello,

From long time reading this will be my first contribution and hope it will help.

Please search for this help files "WorkstationSTOpcDaServer.chm"
and go to this section <b>live Data.csv file interface</b>.

it will explain you how to use LiveVarsToCSV.exe this small cmd program will take a snapshot from live value (defined in a csv file) to a csv file.

Try it and if its ok you can use WorkstationST task scheduler for periodic writing of .csv data

Regards.

Salam Alikom,

I am working with an association and we have an extension (addin) to Excel called Exaquantum, that Addin contains all tags of equipment including Turbines, Process. We can record and plot and even make shapes with real values with the time.

Check with your IT department they may have application like that.

Regards

If you've got a historian on your system (PI, Proficy, etc.) they're probably the place to go for this sort of thing.

If not, since you're using Mark VIe, presumably you have WorkstationST running somewhere. It has a lightweight historian built into it called Recorder, which you can fairly easily setup to collect your data at a one hour rate (read GEI-100627, installed with ControlST). The resulting ".dcaST" files can be read by Trender or converted to CSV using the "Convert Recorder DCAST to CSV" utility that is also installed with ControlST.

C
Hello,

Exaquantum is a Yokogawa product as i know. So if the plant are not using Yokogawa dcs, I don't think it will be available.

Regards