VHMI - Support - Questions

P

plc2319

I have purchase some AB drivers from VHMI automation and can not get Phil Covington to respond to any questions for support. From his personal site it seems he has moved to Romania. Anyone else having better luck getting him to respond?

It seems his drivers do not adddress SLCs by slot address for Inputs and Outputs. The Inputs and Outputs show up as one continous block of data whether Inputs or outputs are in order or not. If there is in input card in slots in 2,4,6,8 and you request data file 1 and start address 0 you will get data from slot 2 and if you request start address 1 you will get data from slot 4. Any way to get to a slot directly using his drivers? Also there seems to be a problem if you use both DF1 and ethernet drivers in the same VB application when writing to a PLC register. Anyone else have this problem?

Y

Yosef Feigenbaum

This is similar to SLC drivers that I've used (i.e. Wonderware). Some products don't even allow you to access the I/O areas.

I recommend buffering the I/O data into a binary file that parallels the slots in your SLC. Aside from the con of not accessing the actual address you do gain the benefit of easier simulation.

Good luck,

(8{)} :) .)

Dear Sir,

I am also trying to get the plc5 vb drivers to work. The example that is sent with the program works, but I have no idea how to connect to IO or N7:10. I don't think that there are any examples of how to use VHMI software. How have you made out so far?

Sincerely, Brent

P

Phil Covington

There is a PDF manual on the vHMI Automation, Inc. website now for the AB drivers. There are also examples of how to use the AB drivers. Unfortunately when I was out of the country my ISP wasn't very reliable so I did not get a lot of my emails.

Regards,

Phil Covington
vHMI Automation, Inc.
http://www.vhmiautomation.com