Portable Flow Sensors

S

Sam Hardin

I am doing some research to purchase a surface mount flow sensor for multiple applications, i.e. steam flow, lake water, demin water. So far I can only find sensors for individual applications. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Well, the problem is that "Flow Meter Charming" (the perfect flowmeter) isn't around anywhere. The three applications you mentioned are distinct enough that you might need to use three different flowmeters.

The only portable flowmeter that I think can actually come close to doing all three of those applications, albeit with different transducer pairs, is made by the GE Sensing division, Panametrics.

Other portable flowmeter companies can do two out of three, and maybe something new has come along from Siemens Controlotron that I haven't seen yet, to equal the Panametrics device.

Otherwise, I strongly recommend tht you look at buying flowmeters that have been tailored to the application you are trying to measure.

Walt Boyes, F. ISA
Editor in Chief
Control and Controlglobal.com
www.controlglobal.com
Mailto:[email protected]
Read my blog SoundOFF!! At www.controlglobal.com/soundoff

I

Issac Issachar

Let me rephrase the question in comparative terms that might elucidate why there is no single meter that is likely to do all those flow measurements well.

I am doing some research to purchase a vehicle for multiple applications, i.e. fast acceleration (stock, in the 10's for a quarter), transport entire shift crew of 9, and carry 3 cubic meters of gravel. So far I can only find vehicles for individual applications. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Issac